CBR
search
Production

Touchstone Exploration employees explore a well in the onshore Ortoire Block in South East, Trinidad. (File photo)

Significant oil discovery at Cascadura in Trinidad and Tobago

Touchstone Exploration employees explore a well in the onshore Ortoire Block in South East, Trinidad. (File photo)

Touchstone Exploration yesterday announced that it has made a significant discovery of crude oil at its Cascadura well in Ortoire.

(Photo: resourceworld.com)

The Canadian-based company said the find was part of its onshore exploration in Trinidad and Tobago shows potential oil pay – a reservoir of economically producible hydrocarbons according to the Schlumberger Oilfield Glossary – of 1,037 feet from 1,374 feet of gross sand.

 The company also said it found 80 net feet of oil pay on the Lower Cruse sands and another 180 net feet at Upper Herrera which it said were not part of its previous offset wells in the area.

“The well results far exceed any pre-drill expectations. This well is not only a significant discovery and milestone for Touchstone, but we believe it also establishes a new development stage for onshore drilling in Trinidad.”

– President and Chief Executive Officer, Paul R. Baay

President and Chief Executive Officer, Paul R. Baay, said “The well results far exceed any pre-drill expectations. This well is not only a significant discovery and milestone for Touchstone, but we believe it also establishes a new development stage for onshore drilling in Trinidad.”

Bay continued “In the New Year, we expect to test each zone independently in order to better understand the economic potential of the prospective oil sands, and if the findings are positive, it will set up an expansive development drilling program in the area.”

(Photo: Energy Chamber of Trinidad and Tobago)

The company expects to complete and test the Cascadura well in the first quarter of 2020. Touchstone expects “to initiate a comprehensive completion and testing plan to evaluate the economic potential of the prospective oil sands.”

Touchstone has 80 per cent working interest in the Cascadura project with the Heritage Petroleum Company owning the other 20 per cent.